Join us in welcoming Shafia Zaloom, author of Sex, Teens, and Everything in Between.
The only book you need to start a conversation with your kids about sexual harassment, consent, #metoo, and more
Many American teens are steeped in a culture that sends unsettling messages about sex, through everything from politics to music to the normalization of porn. In today’s environment, it’s crucial that teens be able to ask hard questions about how to take care of themselves, make decisions that reflect their values, and stay safe. In Sex, Teens, and Everything in Between, veteran teen sex educator and mother of three Shafia Zaloom helps you discuss a wide variety of sex-related topics with your teens, including:
- How to get and give consent
- What it means to have “good” sex
- How to help prevent sexual harassment and assault
- How to stay safe in difficult situations
- The legal consequences of sexual harassment and assault, and what to do if a teen experiences assault or is accused of it
- Stories from survivors of sexual assault
Approachable, engaging, and with real-life scenarios and discussion questions in every chapter, Sex, Teens, and Everything in Between is a must-have resource that gives parents and educators the tools they need to have meaningful conversations with teens about what sex can and should be.