In 1982, 750 Park City citizens united to pass 5,000 books hand-over-hand from the Library’s Main Street location to the Miners Hospital. For the past year, Miners has again served as a home for the library while the former Carl Winters building has undergone renovations. As part of the Library Grand Opening Celebration, there will be a book brigade to commemorate this historic Park City event.
The library needs help from more than 500 community volunteers to pass books from their current temporary home at Miners Hospital to their new permanent residence at the renovated Park City Library. The volunteers will pass 127 books, one book to represent each of the 127 years that the Library has existed. We are excited for the reveal of the new library for the community. A ribbon cutting ceremony and many other opening day activities will take place at the new library immediately following the brigade.
To sign-up for the brigade and for more information about the event, go here.
Here’s how to sign-up in 5 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to the invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/1SKtVE
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Indicate how many from your household will participate.
- Indicate if you participated in the 1982 brigade.
- Click on Sign up! VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Feel free to forward this email to family and friends. The library needs more than 500 individuals for the brigade.
How to get there: Parking will be limited. We encourage you to walk or bike to the event or to use Park City’s free transit system! If you do drive to the event, please carpool.