Snow one day.
Sun the next.
Holidays fast approaching.
Ski season looming.
As Dolly’s continues to prepare for the festivities and fun that come with this major season transition–we have some entertainment for you in the mean time:
- Our hearts, our minds, our books, and our sincerest condolences go out to this woman of words who passed just today at age 94. Thank you, Doris Lessing, for all of your remarkable works.
- Are you intrigued by international literature? Have you ever considered taking yourself on a literary world tour? This one reader is attempting to–197 books later.
- If you are a bookish human, tried and true, there is a statistically significant chance you may be an introvert. Here are 7 books that may speak to that inner and true you.
- Where are our Sci-Fi readers at? These are arguably the top 25 of all time [so says the internet].
- Ever read a passage that is simply good enough to eat? We love these ever so clever renditions of meals in literature.
As seen below, the infamous meal described in Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar.
- We all know there are benefits to reading, but here it is in writing, should you require.
- We all know the holidays can be chaotic, miserable, and stressful as hell–so, here are a few fantastical literary travel temptations.
- Are these book sculptures something else or what?
- Lastly, you call yourself a book fan? Are you this committed to your favorite written words?